Tue, Dec 13|
Public Event | EPA Seeking Public Input on the Clean Heavy-Duty Vehicle Program, Hosting Listening Session
Time & Location
Dec 13, 2022, 1:00 PM
About the event
EPA wants to hear from YOU on how to build its Clean Heavy-Duty Vehicle Program. This session will begin with a brief overview of the legislation and conclude with an interactive listening session. All are encouraged to attend. Please come prepared to share your feedback on the program, including:
1. How do you see this program working in conjunction with the existing Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA), the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Clean School Bus Program, and programs at other agencies given the overlap in vehicles that could be funded?
2. For which significant Class 6/7 vehicle sectors should EPA prioritize funding?
3. How can EPA ensure the benefits of this program reach low-income and disadvantaged communities?
4. What should EPA consider in the design of the program to encourage grantees to support high-quality jobs and adhere to best practices for labor standards, consistent with guidance such as Executive Order 14063 on the Use of Project Labor Agreements and the Department of Labor's Good Jobs Principles?
5. What metrics should this program use for measuring success and ensuring accountability?